Friday 8 November 2013

Happy World Radiography Day!


Stardate: 91459.52

Firstly, as you may have gathered from the above picture, today is World Radiography Day. Today marks the anniversary of the discovery of x-radiation by Wilhelm Röntgen in 1895 `. The day is basically to help promote radiography as a career and to increase public awareness. It's also of course for radiographers to show how proud they are of their profession!

Because it was World Radiography Day, I decided it would be the opportune moment to ask one of our lecturers (who also works as a Forensic Radiographer) how you would go about getting into Forensic Radiography post-registration. Unfortunately, not many places allow it to be chosen as an elective, so I would need to start asking around and finding out about it now, in order to get as much information on it as possible. Membership to the IAFR (International Association of Forensic Radiographers apparently costs a bit now, and there aren't too many people to ask, but luckily I have my lecturer and one of the radiographers on placement who is also a Forensic Radiographer too.

As long as I can pick their brains and gain some hints and things to check out, I'll be okay. According to my lecturer, if you put brie, pork and liver in a box somewhere warm, leave it for a fortnight, then open it up, once you've stopped throwing up, you'll then know whether you want to be a Forensic Radiographer or not. But, despite that, the work is interesting and fun. I still like to think it is for me, even if that does sound unpleasant!

Aside from that, spread the love for Radiography! All of it thanks to Wilhelm Röntgen.

Two days until I move to my placement site...

LLAP!

References
  1. Society of Radiographers, 2013, photograph, viewed 8 November 2013 <http://www.sor.org/sites/default/files/images/wrd_2013_logo_web.jpg>

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete