Tuesday 1 July 2014

Post-Exams Placement... And Prescriptions?!

This is definitely how I'm feeling thus far into my placement due to lack of sleep....

Stardate: 92102.82

It's been a long while since I last wrote a post, but in all fairness, I've had a lot going on to actually really think about my blog! I've completed all my first year exams (and passed them all, and gained an overall high 2:1 grade; one shall work harder next year), moved into my new house for second year, undertaken and passed 4 out of my 5 clinical assessments (1 more to go), and have also been going back and forth to placement sites.

I'm six weeks into my 11-week long Summer placement, and I'm getting to that stage where my brain is on the verge of going on auto-pilot from early starts, input overload and circuit overuse. I've done lots of general x-ray, some in my base hospital site, and some in the 'satellite' hospitals. I've been on Mobiles & Theatre, next week I'm in A&E, and the week after that I'll be placed in Cardiac for the first time. I think Cardiac is like mobiles, but I'm actually not sure. I'll find out soon enough!

Although the exams are over, I've still got work for the portfolio to finish, which includes a 2,000 word case study and various forms. The case I've chosen is about atelectasis. But more about that to follow, as I am still researching into the condition... well, enough to sound coherent and knowledgeable on the subject, anyway. 

You'd think with all that's going on, my body would at least try to function on at a normal human standard. But no, mine has other ideas. Upon visiting a GP with some worsening thoracic (upper back) pain, I found out I am now possibly suffering with Myofascial Pain Syndrome. In other words, my back muscles have knotted up in a specific point to the right of my left scapula and are making life much less fun than before. I'm managing, but I've now been prescribed a tube of Ibuprofen gel, and the strong painkiller Codeine. Yesterday, I was fine, but today, the codeine made me feel completely drowsy and a little more mellow than usual. I didn't fall asleep at lunch... honest.

One other thing you have to get used to, and has finally made an impact, while being a student radiographer, is being almost completely poor for the majority of your degree course. With all the travelling to placement, secondary accommodation, paying for food, rent and bills, and then waiting for the NHS to pay the claim money back into your account, it's no wonder I hide in my room cuddled up with a book! Holiday to Middle-Earth anyone?

I've only one more assessment to go, which is my spine assessment. I'm prepared and ready to get it over and done with. It's just a shame there are never many spines to x-ray on a general x-ray department. There's always the odd one or two, but it figures that when they do come through, there's always at least 5 other examinations to do, and the assessors are too busy to actually assess you!

But once that's done, I will be able to have 5 glorious weeks of doing as little as possible to enjoy. Shall I re-watch all of Sherlock, or catch up on all the video games I haven't finished playing? Oh, choices, choices! What's that you say? Go outside and enjoy the sun? I don't even know what that is anymore...

LLAP!

4 comments:

  1. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for his great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And i Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com
    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 40 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr OYAGU have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. At of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or +2348101755322 and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots by a herbalist Dr call Dr OYAGU he is so kind and truthful with his herbal treatment, kindly contact him for more information Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp DR on +2348101755322 you will be lucky as i am today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please share for others to know about the cure for herpes. I'm here to testify on how i was cured from HERPES 1&2 with the use of herbs. I got the herbs from Dr Osato and he gave me instructions on how to use it. I took the herbal product for a week and 5days after which i go for a blood test and the result was Negative. I waited for another two months and retested the result was still negative and my doctor told me I'm completely free from herpes1&2 and this Gladys my heart and i wish to share it for the benefit of those living with herpes1&2 to also get the herbs from Dr Osato and get cured just like me. You can contact Dr Osato on his email: osatoherbalcure@gmail.com or his phone number and WhatsApp +2347051705853 also through his website osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com. Dr Osato also have the cure on the following diseases HERPES, HIV, HPV, CANCER, DIABETES, SHINGLES, HSV1&2 and so many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete