Monday 28 October 2013

The End of the Beginning!

I have broken one of my own "rules" and instigated a photo being taken... of myself!

Stardate: 91429.8

I'm now onto Week 5 of my course, and on Thursday (yes, Halloween) I will be off out on my first day of clinical placement (it's only for one day, but the big 3 week placement is looming closer!) Am I nervous? Maybe... okay, yes. (Mainly because as I've said before, us newbies pretty much know absolutely nothing!

Yes, we've had some basic clinical skills drilled in, such as Moving & Handling, Basic Life Support, and Basic Positioning and Patient Care Techniques, but I am wondering which of my fellow students have actually managed to retain all this well enough to not blank on the first day!

Our comfortable start of semester lectures are starting to get more complex (but not difficult, just more interesting... apparently we cannae change the laws of physics), everyone's starting to tire out faster, books are starting to be loaned from the libraries (not that I hadn't started that as soon as I got to Leeds, mind) and we're all (I'm sure) getting nervous for our first real placement

For my first "introductory" day on placement, I'll be working on Mobiles and Theatre. Fitting for All Hallows' Eve, one believes. Here's hoping it isn't too... horrifying

(Dammit Jim, I'm a student radiographer, not a comedian!)

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete