Saturday 5 October 2013

The Madness With Modules

Sometimes you just can't get this across enough!

Stardate: 91366.72

Our first proper week is over, and yes, I'm tired. But, it's been fun! Despite having to do a module that nobody particularly wants to do, the heavy rain, and my now aching body, I'm looking forward to the rest of the year! All the lecturers are really nice and seem enthusiastic about what they teach, which always helps!

The modules we're studying this semester are:

  • Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Radiographic Pattern Recognition
  • Learning Together, Working Together
  • Professional Practice 1
  • and Medical Imaging Science
They're all interesting and fun, but the only one not many of us are fond of is the 'Learning Together, Working Together'. It's basically an inter-professional learning module, but so far we've just learnt about working in teams... which is pretty much common sense, but hey ho.

Being the eager student I am (especially as I enjoy anatomy and physiology), I've already started to memorise the bones of the hand and wrist, which actually comprise the first workbook we have to complete for December (our lecturer hasn't even set the work yet, but I'd like to get it out of the way before placement and before the deadline arrives!)

Medical Imaging is general physics tailored to fit Radiography. So far we've gone over matter, electromagnetic radiation, and exposure factors. It's not as difficult as everybody says it will be at all! But then again, I enjoy physics, formulae and maths, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask (this coming from someone who never used to like them!)

Finally, we've been taught clinical skills to prepare ourselves a bit more before we go onto placements! We've learnt how to take blood pressure and pulse, had our uniforms inspected (comfortable and easily-cleanable shoes are a must!), gone over how to wash our hands correctly (I know it sounds ridiculous, but you'd be surprised at how dirty your hands really are... and for someone with OCPD-tendencies it's terrifying!)

I've also joined the Taekwon-do club, which has contributed to me feeling considerably knackered too, but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment