Friday 8 February 2013

The First X-Ray

It's amazing to see how far imaging technology has come since 1895.

Stardate: 90710.75

Despite my best efforts of trawling the news and the SoR website, I couldn't find anything of radiographic importance that I wanted to share with my readers today.

So I thought I would present you with the first-ever produced X-Ray print. As you may know, the first x-ray performed was by Wilhelm Röntgen in 1895, and was an image of his wife, Anna Bertha's hand. The image shows the finger bones and the ring she was wearing.

I find it fascinating to see how far x-rays have come, and their development over the years, to provide the best internal scans as possible.

I'm sorry today's post wasn't very interesting or inspiring, but tonight my brain is fried. Enjoy the image!

LLAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment